Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Let's Get Started

Hi everyone, my name is Jeremy Moreland...I'm a football fanatic from Crofton, MD, a town just 30 minutes outside of our nation's capital. However I could care less about the area's beloved Redskins (or whatever they'll be called in the upcoming years) or the Ravens.

I'm a 49ers fan through and through. Insult me all you want, I've heard it all. I don't care that they play over 3,000 miles away from home or that I've never even visited San Francisco (that has to change). I fell in love with the Steve Young-Jerry Rice tandem but now I've had to suffer through the misery of draft busts (Alex Smith, Vernon Davis, now Michael Crabtree?), coaching idiots (see Dennis Erickson) and six consecutive losing seasons. But I have faith that Mike Singletary will turn things around in San Fran.

This blog isn't going to focus on the 49ers...although I'll mention them whenever necessary (or whenever they do something positive). This blog may not even solely focus on the NFL. I mean I have to give some shout outs to my beloved Terps. But I will make sure to cover the burning issues in the world of football as well as the ones not covered as much. Fantasy football lovers and gamblers check out my predictions for the week on Friday followed by analysis of the week that was by Tuesday.

Pondering the Pigskin will bring you a unique, comical and sometimes harsh view of the athletes, teams and important figures in the world of football. Prepare yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeremy, I work with your mom and I just wanted to say I am a die hard fan of the 49ers. I think we are going to have a good season this year.

    Last week was a tough loss, but if that is the only loss for the season I would be happy. Go 49ers.

    ReplyDelete