Saturday, October 10, 2009

Week 5 Predictions

Week 5 already? Man the season is flying by. I'm going to be short and straight to the point with my predictions because frankly, I have other stuff to do tonight.

I'm going to have a better week than last week. I can just feel it. And I'm making a vow not to pick Niners games on the blog for the entire season because I know I'll jinx them.

Patriots over Broncos:
That's it, the Broncos win train stops here. This team is going to get a harsh taste of reality in the next six weeks. Look at Denver's schedule: Pats, at San Diego, at Baltimore, Pittsburgh, at Washington, San Diego, Giants. That is the murderer's row of the NFL, besides the Redskins of course. I expect the Pats to put Orton on his butt often in this one. On the other side of the ball I think Champ Bailey will hold his own on Moss but Welker will be the difference.

Ravens over Bengals:
The Ravens are going to play angry after last week's tough loss to New England. That doesn't bode well for the Bengals who played poorly in their lucky win over the Browns last week.

Colts over Titans:
Peyton Manning leads the league in passing. The Titans have the league's worst pass defense. Do I need to say anymore?

Jets over Dolphins
This is the toughest game of the week to pick by far. I think Rex Ryan will have an answer for the wildcat just like he's an answer for almost everything so far this season. Costly errors for Chad Henne against this stingy Jets D will be the difference. Don't get me wrong I think Henne has a bright future ahead of him, but Monday will be tough for him.

Cardinals over Texans
Pick the over in this game. Should be the most exciting game of the week. So many offensive weapons: Matt Schaub, Kurt Warner, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Steve Slaton, Owen Daniels, Kevin Walter. I'll give the Cards the slight edge at home, final score 63-60. Ok maybe it'll be 42-38.

Fantasy Heroes
Donovan McNabb QB PHI

It's nice coming back from injury and facing the Bucs isn't it?

Rashard Mendenhall RB PIT

One of the worst fantasy decisions ever was not starting Mendenhall last week. Ahhhh it still hurts! Heal my pain with a big week this week Rashard!

Ahmad Bradshaw RB NYG

Nothing makes me happier than getting garbage points in fantasy. You just make your opponent so mad because your player is only performing because the game is out of reach. Bradshaw will your man for garbage points this week against the Raiders who will only be close in this game if the swine flu infects the entire Giants locker room.

Knowshon Moreno  RB DEN

Moreno will be getting all the touches against New England with Correll Buckhalter out for this one. Broncos are always a run-first team so I expect him to touch it 20+ times

TJ Houshmandzadeh WR SEA

Tied for the worst passing defense with the Titans are the Jaguars. Housh looked a lot better last week, going over 100 yards. I like him to continue the success this week. It could look even better if Hasselbeck plays tomorrow.

Fantasy Zeroes
Ronnie Brown RB MIA

I don't know if you can sit Brown because of his success so far but if you have another viable option I'd say do it. The Jets are going to stack the box and force the inexperienced Henne to beat them. 

Steve Smith WR NYG
The most productive fantasy receiver this season will face the toughest corner in the league this week...Oakland's Nnamdi Asomugha who shuts down the best WR's in the NFL. With Eli banged up its going to be the Jacobs and Bradshaw show anyway.

Steven Jackson RB STL

Jackson might have 30 carries for 30 yards this week against the Vikings. Minnesota might put all eleven guys in the box with no corners and Kyle "I should've been a" Boller still couldn't beat them.

Cedric Benson RB CIN
Same thing goes for Benson. He has been the focal point of the Bengals' offense so far. The Ravens will take that away.

Joseph Addai RB IND
The Titans run D is still impressive and you know with their poor pass defense that Manning will air it out all day.

Ok, that's it. Let's see how we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment